Sunday, May 12, 2013

Lincoln - Luxury Car Hunter [Originally Written 6/13/12]

Ok, I don't have a cleaver title to talk about Lincoln Cars trying to be cool again...instead you get a lame reference how Pres. Lincoln killing vampires...But I digress.

I was listening to NPR's Planet Money talk about Lincoln's attempt at being cool...in the same way Iron Man drives an Audi...which brings me to the new MKZ.  Well, first impression...Hyundai?  I'm trying to get the old person image out of the drivers seat but it's too much...I rarely dislike cars but this is pushing my buttons a bit.  There's nothing in this that makes me think of something new...except maybe the Push Button Gear Shift...that's kinda cool.

[May 2013 Update]
Having seen one in real life...The looks are somewhat of an acquired taste, if such a thing exists visually.  My concern is that it still has the old person feel...and what's worse is car has so much technology that it makes it hard to drive and now doesn't appeal to anyone...

No comments: