Sunday, May 12, 2013

Holy $h!t.... [Originally Written 4/29/12]

Yup, no clever title on this one. I had heard that Chrysler was planning to redo the Dodge Viper a while back and thought, "Wonderful. It's about time they updated that thing.". Then I got this months issue of Motor Trend and crapped myself. I think they did a really great job.

I liked that they kept the V10...a necessary as the Viper...but updated the chassis a huge amount and reduced weight with a lot of carbon fiber and plastic. They also decided to keep the 6-speed manual transmission but I'm not sure if I'm happy or sad. I think I would have liked to see a sequential option just for modernization but a manual also keeps with the raw power feel of a Viper.

I was especially impressed by the interior! The designers claim to use the same standards as Bentley and Lamborghini in the quality of their leather and seats designed by Sabelt, who make seats for Ferrari. Then, as I'm sure you can see in the picture....a great looking body! And Chrysler says it's all functional too; either designed to help cool the engine or increase aerodynamics.

No comments: