Sunday, May 12, 2013

Corvette Stingray...and My return to blogging!

It has been a long while since I posted anything new and I've had a lot waiting as drafts so I've got a lot of catching up to do....and I really couldn't think of anything cleaver to title this one. :(

To put it simply, the new 2014 Corvette Stingray looks amazing!  I'm so excited about this.  This car hasn't had an obvious update in decades.  I thought GM was trying to take a page from Porsche and make all their cars look the same...  Much like the new Viper, the new design is awesome.

Performance looks optimistic too!  Carbon fiber hood and roof with an aluminium chassis and 50/50 weight distribution   Under the hood is a 6.2L V8 looking to make 450HP.  It will have a 7 speed manual transmission with auto rev matching.  The top end model comes with Magnetic Selective Ride which I can only imagine is an adaptive suspension that stiffens the ride when you need it.  Some fancy electronic LSD will be on the car also to improve handling.  They say on the website that it allows the car to make sharper turns....sounds good to me!  They've also put one of those condition selectors so you can tell the car if it's raining or you're on the track.

Excited!!! >_<

Car and Driver also did an interview with Tadge Jeuchter, the Chief Engineer for this vehicle.

No comments: