Friday, December 17, 2010

Ford...the new awesome!


So I have been really impressed by Ford for the past 8 years now...ever since the Focus came to America. I thought, "Ford is finally starting to think..." In addition to my love of the new Mustang, I found a new 2011 Ford that I've also come to love...The new Explorer.

That's right! Look at that picture! How can you go wrong with a sexy SUV like that! It's almost luxury...ish. The one thing I'm thankful for in this economy is that the lack of money has caused American auto makers to start thinking about what people want in a car.

And now some boring history....(I'll let you know when you can come back in.)
What made Toyota so awesome for me is that they were some cheap car company from Japan that had a crazy idea of making great cars that sold for less than the other great cars. Toyota has then jumped to #1...and into a gutter. Because now (in my opinion) they make cars that are expensive...but feel cheap. Today, Hyundai has become the new Toyota. They're offering cars with great awesome features but without the price tag. As a result...they were gaining market share while Toyota fell...

(Now back to Ford...and you can pay attention again)
Like Toyota back-in-the-day, Ford is making awesome cars without the evidential price tag. They drive great, look great, have awesome technology and cheaper! A few months ago, I wrote about the new Jeep Grand Cherokee and thought, "OMG! A great driving Jeep!" That has an MSRP of $30k. This has an MSRP of $28k. And its got the same size engine, and better gas milage...there is one real downside to the Explorer...it has kinda become a crossover....and its FWD...

BUT MAN, DOES IT LOOK GOOD! :P

No comments: