Wednesday, November 10, 2010

"Hao" is the 2011 Cherokee?


Hahaha, yeah...I guess it is a bit racist....

But enough cheese....This car is Awesome!!!!! It is a whole world different from the previous models. This feels very....German....like a Mercedes? Hmm, I guess that Daimler partnership did pay off.....

I'm really serious about this though....This is a great SUV. The model I drove...from a rent-a-car, so it's gotta be towards the bottom of the options list...was pretty nice. Almost everything was powered/automatic. Automatic windows, power seats, leather wrapped bits, smart key with push button start, very soft and comfortable all around. One of the coolest bits, the Audio controls were on a touch screen LCD. And like most Chryslers, the speakers were pretty good.

The drive was another hugely impressive thing. It was such a smooth ride. Turning was so tight and controlled. For a V6, it had lots of balls when you put the hammer down. It was almost....luxury feeling......but with a $30k price tag? That's the same price as a basic 4Runner V6.......

Now here's the bit that's got me feeling a little sad....IF YOU COULD BUILD THIS, WHY'D YOU WANT TILL NOW AND WAIST MY TIME WITH ALL THAT OTHER CRAP YOU GUYS BUILT.....I even read that the new 2011 Wrangler is a really good SUV. I've driven those before, and even did a review in the past, and I believe I said something like they haven't changed a thing in 50 years.....because it felt like a car that was that old. Now that Chrysler is putting out cars that are worth a damn, I wonder if it's too late. Ford is doing GREAT as they have been for the past 5 years or so and GMC has really turned themselves around...but Chrysler is still losing lots of money....Please don't die Chrysler!!!! I need your cars to finally drive as great as it looks!!!!!!

1 comment:

Jamie said...

the cars blogs are back! :)