Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Ford Flex's It's Muscles


Today I drove the new Ford Flex for the first time. I must admit...I love the way that car looks. For those who know me, I do like my boxy cars (xB, Cube, etc.) but I really think this car just looks good and not looks good to some.

Inside was nice and roomie. I'm 6'5" and I don't usually fit well in cars, but the Flex is very comfortable. However, and I don't ever say this, but the car feels too big... From the outside, it looks nice and not unusually big, but inside it's very comfortable and there's 3 rows of seats. I looked back and thought, "Is this too much?"

Driving it was very comfortable. The model I drove had black leather seats and I thought, I would be proud to pick up someone important in this car (Boss, Mother-in-law, etc.) The sound system in there is also very nice (Sony I believe). The car's breaks and acceleration wasn't too sharp in any one direction. It was just very predictable. And for 2010, you'll have the option of the SHO engine (3.5L twin-turbo) that pushes 355hp and 350lb.-ft of torque. I bet that'll be exciting.

No comments: